Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Settling in

The haze of having a baby is lifting and things are starting to get back to "normal", well....as normal as we get around here. I am starting to come to terms with the fact that I may never sleep again, or at least not until next year. Coffee and wine are my saviors right about now, and also my worst enemies. They remind me how truly tired I am! I am also starting to really dislike the extra layer of skin around my waistline. I was o.k with it while toting around a 1,2,3 week old...but now that Rowen is past the one month mark and I still look about 12 weeks pregnant I am starting to be a tad bit disgusted. Bathing suit??? No freaking way this summer! I am seriously contemplating buying some spanx. It helps that we have no full length mirrors in our house, since I fit into size 8's I trick myself into thinking I look "thin"...that is until I catch a glimpse of myself in a store window....oy. Exercise in the obvious answer, the logistics of that one is complicated. I can't even take a poo without interruptions ( HA!)...how am I going to find time to feel the burn?

Today is my 6 week checkup ( already)...slllloooowww down life! I am really only 5 weeks but my doctor is away next week. On the agenda? Birth control options....fun stuff. The hubby is threatening a vasectomy if I don't get an IUD or take the pill, we are seriously the most fertile peeps on this planet so we really can not take any chances in that department. The idea of a foreign object floating in my body for the next few years makes me cringe, so it looks like the pill it is. Now let's just hope those synthetic hormones don't turn me into the wicked witch of the west!

Next stop- going back to work. My maternity leave is half way over. I don't even want to go there right now.

So that's what's new.

That and all the deliciousness that comes with a new baby

and all the chaos that comes with the big 2.5 year old brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment