Friday, July 16, 2010

Beefcake

Noah is a string bean. Actually string bean doesn't even cut it. Noah is tiny tiny tiny.Noah's size and his picky eating is a source of many a worry, argument and general cause of probably about 5 years off my life. I was a very small child, always the shortest and skinniest amongst my friends. While "skinniest" ended somewhere long ago, I still like to think of myself asl fairly petite and will always be short ( thank god for heels!). I am just "small boned". The thing is, I am a woman so petite isn't necessarily a bad thing. Noah is a boy, will someday be a man. While being "petite" works for Tom Cruise and Michael J. Fox it doesn't necessarily work for all men. I don't want Noah to have the napoleon complex and I definetly don't want his little brother to tower over him.

Noah weighs about 25 pounds soaking wet. His height is about 36 inches. And while he FINALLY made the growth chart for his weight, it's hovering somewhere near the 3-5%.

Today at Rowen's 2 month visit he was just under 13 pounds, putting him in the 90% . Good Lord! I have a beefcake to go with my peanut. Poor Noah...his brother just may outweigh him by the time he is a year old .( BTW- Noah was 17 pounds at ONE!!!)

1 comment:

  1. hi! i just wanted to say that i found your blog through thebump. i was reading the parentadise one and i made a lot of comments on it. thank you for writing that blog. it made me feel so much more normal for having all the thoughts i'm having.

    ReplyDelete