Friday, July 9, 2010

Feeling hot hot hot'

We are in the midst of a heat wave here in the fine state of New York....actually I am pretty sure the entire eastern seaboard in sweltering in this mess. Coincidently our babysitter is on vacation this week. So are my parents. What exactly does this mean for me? Well for starters we do have central air, so there is some light at the end of this very hot tunnel. However, a newborn, a 2.5 year old and a mama stuck in the house for DAYS starts to equal disaster around day three. Bored is an understatement. I am starting to feel trapped and I am sure Noah is as well. We have watched Monster's Inc. three times, more episodes of Zaboomafoo that I can count, Elmo at the beach...and Elmo Dinosaurs. Oh and Frosty The Snowman, at his request Noah watched it four times in a row yesterday. Do I feel guilty rotting his brain with t.v. ? Sure I do....however there is only so much coloring, truck playing, snack making that I can do...especially with a demanding little newborn on my hands. The icing on the cake is that my husband is working not five days, not six days but SEVEN days this week.

S.O.S, seriously. I'm craving some adult company in a major way. Oh and seeing the light of day would be nice too. Maybe this is fate's way of showing me maternity leave isn't all that great..... hey, keep telling yourself that lady =P

No comments:

Post a Comment