Thursday, July 8, 2010

Room with a view


At any given moment you can find my house in complete disarray. As if I need any reason not to want to clean, this gives me an easy out. If I straighten up...nope, messy again within minutes. The floor plan of our house is open, making hiding toys or any other illusions virtually impossible. So we have decided to run with it. Long ago we gave up on decorations of any sort. There is no need when your floor is littered in fire trucks, army men and the occasional cheerio or two. The other morning as I sat on the floor playing with Rowen I snapped this picture- my current view of the world. A few years back I would have thought this was sorta depressing, slightly claustrophobic and a tad "momish". But here we are, 2 kids later and indeed, it makes me smile. Pottery Barn? Restoration Hardware? Crate N Barrel...nah, give me ToysRus anyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment