Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Mr. Sandman, I miss you

Why must my babies not sleep? Yes I know Rowen is only 7 weeks old ,but if one more person tells me that their kid sleeps from 9pm-7am, I think my head might spin, and I might just shoot pea soup out of myself in their general direction. Noah did not really sleep through the night until he was a year old. A YEAR. A whole freaking year. Around the 8-9 month mark I had just about lost my mind. Did I ever get it back? I can remember when Noah started to sleep, I seriously went to bed with a smile on my face. That was the era of nap time happy hour....ahh the good ol' days. One of my biggest ( well one of my "trivial biggest", my fears have sub-categories) fears with having another newborn was the sleep deprivation. I thought that maybe, just *maybe* I would get lucky this time and have one of those 9pm-7am sleepers everyone is raving about. Yeah not so much. As I got up for the umpteenth time last night ( poor Rowen had awful gas and the farts of a trucker) I thought to myself that this is the best form of birth control. No estrogen or progesterone needed. Just lack of sleep. I'm not really sure how this is all going to work when I go back to work next month. Is there a patron saint of sleeping through the night? If so please pray! ( and for good measure you may just want to drop a line to the Patron Saint of Picky Eaters, k- thanks)

No comments:

Post a Comment